This is a seriously yummy breakfast smoothie that is both sustaining and seriously good for you. It feels decadent but know it is doing you so much good!
- Approx. 1.5 cups almond milk (or milk of choice), add more if you prefer a runnier smoothie
- 1/3 cup of walnuts, or about 20g
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao (or to taste, I like my chocolate intense, I added an extra half tablespoon)
- 2 heaped teaspoons maple or rice malt syrup, or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1 heaped teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- 1 heaped teaspoon raw cacao nibs
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of vanilla powder (or essence)
- Pinch salt
- Leave half the walnuts and cacao nibs aside. Throw the rest of your ingredients into the blender and blend until really smooth.
- Top with the cacao nibs and remaining walnuts.
- I would recommend making this the night before or at least half an hour before you eat it to allow the chia seeds to soften.
Original Article by, AMY CRAWFORD (THE HOLISTIC INGREDIENT )